Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Swiss Ball and my love handles

Temperatures still fighting to go over minus numbers. Another cold dark morning. It finally stopped snowing. The snow has started to melt everywhere, giving way to icy roads and pavements. The school bus service has been restored for most schools in the region, except for ours. It has been more than a week now since the school bus service was suspended. Now the children are almost use to walk to school. My Hooligan still complains every now and again on the way up the hill, but soon he gets distracted with the snow or some wild animal. My little Princess doesn’t complain, she just shivers! Daddy is the most stoic of the group; he carries the heavy rucksacks and tells us all the fantastic stories of how he used to walk to school alone -rain or snow- in Scotland when he was only 6 years old.

Times have change, and despite living in one of the safest places in the world, I wouldn’t like my 5 year old walking alone to school every morning. Perhaps I am too apprehensive, perhaps just careful.




I have very tender tummy muscles this morning. I think that is good. Maybe I over did the Swiss ball exercises yesterday. It is just that it is so easy to do the crunches with the Swiss ball, and it feels so good in my back that I feel compelled to go back to the ball every time I have a few minutes to spare. I am not one for spending hours doing a workout, I get bored easily. Instead I prefer to do short sessions of 10 to 15 minutes several times a day. I don’t know if that is good or not, but it suits me. For example, yesterday I did 3 rounds of 50 crunches and 50 oblique crunches each time. I am desperate to get rid of my “love handles”. My darling told me the other day that is was great to finally have somewhere to “hold on to” while he was tenderly caressing me and grabbing my love handles. I know he meant well, probably he even likes them like he said, but I felt awful. Me, with love handles… what a nightmare. I am giving myself a month to get rid of them. I found a clip on you tube especially with a Swiss ball workout to get rid of love handles. I am starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment