Monday, October 24, 2011

Fun things to do with Children at Royan

Fun things to do with Children at Royan

Royan is one of my favourite places in the French Atlantic coast.  Every time I can, I pack up a few things, get my little ones ready and we go there for a few days.  It is a great place to visit with children as there is always something for them to do.  Even when it is cloudy or rainy we can just have an afternoon at the cinema or visit a museum or exposition.  

However, during sunny summer and spring days, we like to go to the Jardins du Monde, a beautiful park not far from the town centre with lots to offer to curious children and adults.  



Visit the Jardins du Monde

The Jardins du Monde is a beautiful park where you will find:

  • A dwarf goat’s farm: My little ones loved this, I couldn’t get them away from caressing and playing with the dwarf goats.

  • An Orchids tropical greenhouse, the Japanese gardens, the English garden, etc. Enjoy the 18 acres of exotic gardens!

  • A water spring esplanade with fountains spouting randomly, ideal to refresh your little ones during a hot day.

  • A pedal go cart track

  • A live butterfly hot house where exotic butterflies flutter among the visitors.

  • The Bouncy village: a fun area with giant slides, bouncy castles, trampolines and adventure tracks to amuse children and parents alike.

  • Do not miss the bamboo maze.

  • For older children there are remote controlled boats and electric boats trips through the marshes and the park waters.

At night time, when you leave your little ones at home or the hotel you can come back to the Jardins du Monde and enjoy the party at the Butterfly bar, an open bar in the heart of the Jardins du Monde park, open every night during July and August and during the weekends on May and June.

For more things to do in Royan you can check my Family holidays in France article on HubPages.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was
    super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and
    say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring
    blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips and hints for inexperienced blog writers?
    I'd genuinely appreciate it.

    Here is my website - browse around these guys

    ReplyDelete